The 1st Combat Cargo Squadron, nicknamed the Great Snafu Fleet, was activated on 15 April 1944 and assigned to the 1st Combat Cargo Group. The squadron flew C-47 Skytrain aircraft throughout the China-Burma-India (CBI) Theater in WWII.
Now designated the 326th Airlift Squadron (AS), it’s assigned to the 512th Airlift Wing at Dover AFB, Delaware, and flies C-17 Globemaster III aircraft.
The patch emblem, still used today by the 326th AS, depicts a rabbit astride a C-47. The patch is hand made of leather pieces of several colors stitched together.
Question about this artifact? Email the Collections Manager, Hal Sellars.
Every artifact in the Air Mobility Command Museum, including this one, is part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. We are not able to loan artifacts in the museum's collection.