This is a pencil sketch by Jack Morris of an emblem for the 40th Air Transport Squadron that was adopted and used for the squadron’s patch. It shows an eagle wearing armor and carrying a sword and shield.
The 40th ATS was stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware from 1954 to 1960 and flew the C-124 Globemaster II aircraft.
Question about this artifact? Email the Collections Manager, Hal Sellars.
Every artifact in the Air Mobility Command Museum, including this one, is part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. We are not able to loan artifacts in the museum's collection.