Established as the 436th Troop Carrier Wing in 1948, it was redesignated the 436th Military Airlift Wing (MAW) on 27 December 1965. Assigned to Twenty-First Air Force, the wing was stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware, and flew C-124 Globemaster II, C-133 Cargomaster, C-141 Starlifter, and C-5 Galaxy aircraft.
The wing was redesignated the 436th Airlift Wing (AW) on 1 December 1991 and today flies C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III aircraft at Dover AFB.
Question about this artifact? Email the Collections Manager, Hal Sellars.
Every artifact in the Air Mobility Command Museum, including this one, is part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. We are not able to loan artifacts in the museum's collection.