This unofficial patch depicts a P-47 aircraft with a goblin head and arms. The 443rd was assigned to the 327th Fighter Group in WWII.
Donor’s father, TSgt. Cloud D. Hughes, was an aircraft engine mechanic assigned to the 33rd Pursuit Squadron during the early days of the Iceland Base Command (1941-1947). He was later assigned to the 443rd Fighter Squadron at Richmond Army Air Base and Norfolk Army Airfield in Virginia.
Question about this artifact? Email the Collections Manager, Hal Sellars.
Every artifact in the Air Mobility Command Museum, including this one, is part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. We are not able to loan artifacts in the museum's collection.