The 98th Fighter Interceptor Squadron was stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware, from from 1953 to 1963 as part of the Air Defense Command. It flew the F-89 Scorpion aircraft and later the F-101 Voodoo aircraft. The squadron was inactivated on 30 September 1968.
The squadron emblem used on the patch was approved in 1956. The orange patch depicts a black bird and motto, “In Omnia Paratus.”
Question about this artifact? Email the Collections Manager, Hal Sellars.
Every artifact in the Air Mobility Command Museum, including this one, is part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. We are not able to loan artifacts in the museum's collection.