The flight engineer aviation badge was authorized for wear on 19 June 1945. This distinctive badge with a propeller mounted on a radial engine was phased out and replaced by the aircrew member badge. It was declared obsolete in 1962.
Question about this artifact? Email the Collections Manager, Hal Sellars.
Every artifact in the Air Mobility Command Museum, including this one, is part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. We are not able to loan artifacts in the museum's collection.