Updated 8/18/2017 to include additional parking information.
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds will return to the Dover skies August 26-27, 2017, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. for the Thunder Over Dover: 2017 Dover AFB Open House. This event is open to the public with free admission!
Help celebrate our heritage at this open house as Dover AFB will be celebrating its 75th Anniversary, the U.S. Air Force’s 70th Anniversary, and the City of Dover’s 300th Anniversary!
Please visit the official Dover AFB Open House page for the latest information. Demonstrations and acts are subject to change.
- August 26-27
- Click Here for Full Schedule
- 9 a.m. — Gates Open
- 10 a.m. — Opening Ceremony
- 11 a.m. — Aerial Demos
- 5 p.m. — End of show
- Schedule is subject to change
- United States Air Force Thunderbirds
- Wings of Blue
- SOC Black Daggers Jump Team
- C-17 Globemaster III Demo Team
- B-2 Spirit
- C-130 Hercules
- Warrior Flight Team (L-39s)
- Warbird British De Havilland Vampire Airshow Act
- Harrier – Nalls Aviation
- Chef Pitts
- Skipper Hyle
- Delaware State Police
- CAF Prowlers of the Pacific
- USCG MH-65D Dolphin Search & Rescue Demo
- “Jive” Kerby RV-8 “Wild Blue” Aerobatics
- USAF Academy Glider Demo Team
- Jacquie B Airshows
- Jason Newburg Viper Pitts Aerobatics
- B-25J Mitchell “Panchito” – Salute to the Doolittle Raiders
- CAF P-51D Mustang Demo
- More to come!
- U.S. Air Force Recruiting
- C-5M Super Galaxy
- C-17 Globemaster III
- Air Mobility Command Museum’s Aircraft
- F-15E Strike Eagle
- C-26 Metroliner
- C-46 Commando
- C-123L Provider
- KC-10 Extender
- C-130 Hercules
- UH-60 Black Hawk
- HH-60 Pave Hawk
- MQ-9 Reaper
- T-1 Jayhawk
- T-6 Texan
- T-38 Talon
- L-5 Sentinel
- L-21B Seneca
- TBM Avenger
- B-25 Mitchell
- OV-1 Mohawk
- Cessna 172
- Cessna 182
- Piper Warrior
- Piper Aero
- Piper Seminole
- Massey Air Museum
- WWII Glider
- Boeing Stearman WWII Trainer
- Havilland Tiger Moth WWII Trainer
- More to come!
RV and Bus Parking
- Parking an RV or a bus at the AMC Museum during the Open House is severely limited to the first five vehicles. Unfortunately, this is a first-come, first-served situation and once filled no further RV or bus parking will be available. Parking for RVs or buses will not be available outside of the AMC Museum for the Open House. If you are parked at the AMC Museum, your vehicle must be moved no later than 5 p.m. each day. There will be no overnight parking available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Car parking will be available at the AMC Museum; however, spaces are limited. There will be no overnight parking available.
- Visitors arriving to the Open House from the south will be parking at Bergold’s Farm. Please follow the signs on Route 9. Once parked, visitors will be shuttled to either the AMC Museum or Dover AFB’s main ramp where the Open House will be held.
- Visitors arriving to the Open House from the north will be parking at the DAFB ramp. You may enter the base through the north gate entrance and will be directed to the ramp to park your car. You will need to pass through a security checkpoint to gain access to the Open House.
General Access to DAFB Open House
- Base access from the AMC Museum and Bergold Farm include a security checkpoint and a shuttle bus to move you from your location. These shuttle buses will be running all day for your convenience.
- If you’ve parked your car at the DAFB flight line, you may take a shuttle bus to the AMC Museum.
What to Bring
- Hearing protection
- Comfortable shoes
- Water bottle/canteen (free water available)
- Handheld camera or camcorder
- Camera bags no larger than 12″x12″
- Folding chairs or stools
All visitors are subject to search by Security Forces at any time on the installation and will NOT be allowed to pass through security with any of the following items:
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives, pocket tools, scissors, box cutters, billy clubs, large-heavy chain-link, jewelry or belts, mace and pepper spray
- Firearms of any type
- Toys that resemble firearms
- Spray paint and silly string
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal drugs
- Skateboards, heelies, roller skates or roller blades
- Large umbrellas/portable tents
- Backpacks, ruck sacks
- Pets (Service animals allowed)
Please understand that this is a Dover Air Force Base event and that the AMC Museum cannot answer questions you may have regarding the Open House. If you do have a question, you may contact Dawne Nickerson-Banez, Community Relations at the Base Public Affair office, at 677-6575.
Check out the base’s Thunder Over Dover page for any additional information regarding the Open House.
Comments have been closed for this post.
The museum’s August 19th Open Cockpit Day event will be rolled into the open house on the 26th and 27th.