|Fri, Sep 23rd||Party, raffle, heavy hors d’oeuvres, wine & beer, live jazz music, and special guest||6 p.m. – 8 p.m. ($100)|
|Sat, Sep 24th &
Sun, Sep 25th
|Tour 20+ AMCM aircraft, DAFB static displays, reenactors, food vendors, and special guests||9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Free Admission)|
Celebrate the museum’s 30th anniversary at our biggest event ever—a three-day-long Festival of Flight! The fun starts on Friday, September 23rd, with an exclusive party and raffle. Each $100 ticket holder had a chance to win one of many unique prizes.
The festival continues on Saturday, the 24th, and Sunday, the 25th. As usual, admission to the museum is free. You and your family will enjoy a unique opportunity to tour over 20 of our aircraft. Meet reenactors, take a break with various food vendors, and hear special guests.
A special appearance at the museum, generously provided by Team Dover, will be a C-17 Globemaster III and C-5M Super Galaxy. Here’s your chance to see inside these airlift aircraft that fulfill the worldwide air mobility requirements of the United States. Check out the differences between the museum’s retired C-5A Galaxy and the modern Super Galaxy.
Exciting news for kids! There will be two bounce houses available for the whole family to enjoy, provided by Bouncer Boys! They will be located behind the museum’s C-5A Galaxy in the grass.
|Saturday, 24th||Sunday, 25th|
|Between the Bunz||Between the Bunz|
|Sweet Josephines||Sweet Josephines|
|Charlies Hot Dogs||Charlies Hot Dogs|
|Pizza Capo||Getta Pizza This|
|Dino’s Ice Cream||Dino’s Ice Cream|
|Kona Ice||Kona Ice|
|Nothing Better, LLC|
Join the Air Mobility Command Museum Foundation or renew your membership during our Festival of Flight weekend and be automatically entered for a chance to win a Delmarva sight-seeing flight in a classic 1941 Boeing PT-17 Stearman biplane. Only two rules: To be eligible for the flight you must join or renew through the store at the AMC Museum or online. You must also join/renew anytime during our Festival of Flight weekend, Friday 23 September thru Sunday 25 September. Entry into the drawing is automatic and the winning member will be picked randomly and notified the following week.
The Festival of Flight party has concluded. Thank you all who came out and we hope you enjoyed your time!
Your ticket to the Friday, September 23rd, Festival of Flight party includes admission for two, one entry into the raffle, heavy hors d’oeuvres, wine & beer, live jazz music by the Milford Community Band, and special guest Lt Gen William Welser III, USAF (Ret), former DAFB Wing Commander. All proceeds benefit the AMC Museum Foundation.
Tickets are $100 each
and can be purchased at the Air Mobility Command Museum Store, or from our online store. (If you’re interested in being a sponsor, please click here.)
The party starts at 6 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m. The raffle drawings begin at 7:30 p.m. Dress is party festive. You do not have to be present to win.
- Grand Prize—Round-trip limo ride to New Jersey for an aircraft flight up the Hudson River and around the Statue of Liberty for two people
- First Prize—Flight for two in the award-winning B-25 bomber “Panchito” during Oct 1, 2016 Wings and Wheels airshow at Georgetown, DE
- Sightseeing flight, Looking for Eagles, for one in a 1941 Army PT-17 Stearman (open cockpit bi-plane)
- Sightseeing flight, Looking for Ospreys, for one in a 1941 Army PT-17 Stearman
- Sightseeing flight, Sassafras/Chester Rivers, for one in a 1941 Navy PT-17 Stearman
- Sightseeing flight, Delmarva low-level, for one in a 1939 J-3 Cub (Army Air Force markings)
- Sightseeing flight, Delmarva low-level, for one in a 1947 USAF L-16 Grasshopper (observation plane)
- Sightseeing flight, Looking for Eagles and Ospreys, for one in a 1947 USAF L-16 Grasshopper
- Sightseeing flight, Low and Slow, for one in a Moyes Dragonfly (ultra-light aircraft)
- Sightseeing flight, Soaring over Delmarva, glider flight for one in a Schweizer SGS 2-33
- Birthday party location for up to 15 children inside the museum’s C-133 Cargomaster (tables, chairs, and sound system provided)
- Party in the C-5 Galaxy for up to 30 adults for special 30th Anniversary showing of motion picture Top Gun (beer, soda, and popcorn provided)
- Aerial photo of your house by Mike Baker, C.M. Baker Photography
- Wine & Cheese party for 12 in the museum’s aircraft control tower (wine and cheese furnished or winner’s option)