Quick Overview of Events
- That’s All, Brother will be on display and will demonstrate a paratrooper jump
- A C-17 Globemaster III and C-130 Hercules will demonstrate a paratrooper jump
- Throughout the day there will be historical presentations covering D-Day and reenactors
- A 1940s swing dance with music performed by the Smooth Sound Big Band
- Two former D-Day veteran paratroopers who jumped out of the museum’s C-47 Skytrain will be in attendance
A schedule with times of these events will be made available soon.
The Air Mobility Command Museum would like to announce a Commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of D-Day on Saturday, May 4th, 2019. We are paying tribute to the men, their sacrifices and the history, with many events planned for the day.
Events will include up to 200 personnel parachute drops from a C-17 Globemaster III and a C-130 Hercules by the 82nd Airborne Division. A historical aircraft, That’s All, Brother, will be on display at the AMC Museum. It was the lead C-47 Skytrain of the 800 aircraft that dropped two American airborne divisions into France on D-Day. In conjunction with the C-17 and C-130 paratrooper jumps, the Liberty Jump Team will be jumping from That’s All, Brother. There will be historical presentations and reenactors covering the D-Day operation throughout the day. Following the day’s exciting ground and air events, a swing dance with 1940s music will be performed by the Smooth Sound Big Band from Milford, Delaware. One significant highlight will be the presence of two paratroopers who jumped from the AMC Museum’s C-47 Turf and Sport Special on that ‘Day of Days.’
The events will be held at the AMC Museum, 1301 Heritage Rd, Dover, Delaware, and is free to the public with gates opening at 9 a.m. More details will be published as they become available.
Unique D-Day and museum items will be available in our Museum Store for the event.
Please contact the Museum Operations Manager, Michael Hurlburt, at 302-677-3855 for questions about the event.
Q & A
- Why May 4th when D-Day was June 6th?
- May 4th was the best time available for both That’s All, Brother and Dover Air Force Base.